24 Apr 2017

Point me to the cliche!

Who doesn't like to sneer at a cliche?
Although pound for pound cliches don't count for much
here I can write as many as I like - a double whammy
Or a winning combination!

Let me call a spade a spade.......
this could separate the wheat from the chaff,
or have I merely shot myself in the foot!
Only time will tell!

I may seem like an okay sort of guy
(does the Pope wear a funny hat?)
and have both oars in the water
but who would know?

Let's be honest, this was a half-baked idea
but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while
and I thought I would have a shot.
Although I won't hold my breath!

With tongue firmly planted in cheek
I've put my best foot forward -
in this life if you snooze, you lose

So here's looking at you, kid!

Post a Comment