25 Nov 2016

LOVE SONG (Shadorma)


what to do
what words can I say
to sooth you
to heal you
to take any pain away
and lull you to rest

where love is
surely one can find
the done thing 
that one thing
which leaves loneliness behind
so I'll do my best

I believe
I know the right song
to bring you
and sing  you 
all that love for which you long
here within my breast








The Shadorma is a poetic form consisting of a six-line stanza (or sestet). The form is alleged to have originated in Spain. Each stanza has a syllable count of three syllables in the first line, five syllables in the second line, three syllables in the third and fourth lines, seven syllables in the fifth line, and five syllables in the sixth line (3/5/3/3/7/5) for a total of 26 syllables. A poem may consist of one stanza, or an unlimited number of stanzas (a series of shadormas).


Post a Comment