8 Nov 2016

From my window

And from my window I can see
So many things that call to me
Trees and shrubs, spring flowers are there
Birds are darting everywhere
Busy nesting come what may
From dawn until the end of day


And from my window I can see
The ocean and it calls to me
Waves breaking gently on the shores
Their whispers turning into roars
On windy nights when gales blow
Their billows shining white like snow


And from my window I can see
A grassy bank and in its lee
Sea-lions lounging out of reach
And rolling on the sandy beach 
One or two, with bodies great
Just lonely males without a mate


And from my window I can see
The river flows beyond the trees
I follow as it starts to wind
From distant hills that lie behind
And just before a rocky ridge 
Trains clatter noisy on a bridge


The low hills rolling high and wide
Far mountains standing side by side
Backdrop to vistas that I know
Sky above with clouds below
And from my window I can see 
So many things that call to me


                               

Post a Comment