26 Dec 2016

Loner


As I stand here on the outside looking in
How sad it is to know I'll always stay
A stranger still to those who are within
No soulmate to be found, no friend, no twin
No memories to share, no words to say
As I stand here on the outside looking in
Yearning for a friendship to begin
No-one interested in things I have to say
A stranger still to those who are within
They have a secret game that I can't win
Must let the cards fall where they may
As I stand here on the outside looking in
No friendly glance, no smiling eyes, no grin
Now is the time to stop and turn away
A stranger still to those who are within
Longing for a friendship to begin
But thinking there is malice here at play
As I stand here on the outside looking in
A stranger still to those who are within




Post a Comment